Language structures – know what they are and how they work. Use the links to access short videos which will remind you of these aspects of language. Use your Year 9 text book to revise their application and also noredink.com.
You should revise the following:
- clauses (dependent/independent)
- sentence structures (simple, compound, complex, compound-complex)
- sentence types (declarative, interrogative, imperative, exclamatory)
Remember the process for identifying sentence structures:
- Is it a phrase or clause? (a clause needs a subject and verb)
- If C then I or D? (if it’s a clause then is it independent or dependent)
If you are looking to brush up on your grammar, you can go to noredink or use Grammar Bytes!